HDFS, mail # user - Re: hadoop namenode recovery

Re: hadoop namenode recovery
Panshul Whisper 2013-01-15, 03:04
thank you for the reply.

Is there a way with which I can configure my cluster to switch to the
Secondary Name Node automatically in case of the Primary Name Node failure?
When I run my current Hadoop, I see the primary and secondary both Name
nodes running. I was wondering what is that Secondary Name Node for? and
where is it configured?
I was also wondering, is it possible to have two or more Name nodes running
in the same cluster?

Thanks,
Regards,
Panshul.

--
Regards,
Ouch Whisper
010101010101
+
bejoy.hadoop@... 2013-01-15, 03:11
+
Panshul Whisper 2013-01-15, 03:31
+
Harsh J 2013-01-15, 04:36
+
anil gupta 2013-01-15, 04:35
+
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2013-01-15, 03:50
+
Harsh J 2013-01-16, 04:14
+
Rakesh R 2013-01-16, 04:47