Hadoop >> mail # user >> mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working

mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working
I have mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum set to 2 in my job and I have 5
nodes. I was expecting this to have only 10 concurrent jobs. But I have 30
mappers running. Does hadoop ignores this setting when supplied from the
job?