Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop 2 availability (Was Re: password field in job configuration)

Sqoop 2 availability (Was Re: password field in job configuration)
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-11-28, 16:18
Hi Chalcy,
I'm glad that you've asked. You've raised a very good question - I would personally like to do "first cut" of Sqoop 2 this year to give our users first testable bits.

However having said that I need to point out that Sqoop 2 is still work in progress and that this "first cut" will be far from completion. For example with Artem's concern - we're definitely planning to move out all sensitive information from the mapreduce job configuration object, but this first cut will most likely do exactly this. Similarly for Web UI - it's definitely on our plan, but it won't be included in the first cut.

Does that answer your question?

Jarcec