HBase, mail # dev - reason to do major compaction after split

+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 18:50
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 18:58
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 19:03
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 20:58
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 21:14
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 22:13
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-07, 22:28
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 22:56
Re: reason to do major compaction after split
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-07, 23:09
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any ideas on what migration from current format to the above would be like
> Matteo?  We'd read current layout, use it to populate a files table, new
> files would be written to a the new /hbase/data/ dir, and for a while we'd
> span the old and new locations?

If you have the possibility to shutdown the whole cluster, the way is easy
move all the hfiles in /hbase/data and populate the "files table".

If you can't, you just have to keep the current code able to been able read
the current fs layout and archiving
if there's something in that directory reads from that as today if not goes
to the file table.
on write (flush compactions) adds the new file to the "files table" and
/hbase/data
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 23:22
+