HBase, mail # user - Hbase performance with HDFS

Re: Hbase performance with HDFS
Mohit Anchlia 2011-07-07, 22:02
Thanks! I understand what you mean however I have little confusion.
Does it mean there are unused block sitting around? For eg:

HFile1 with 3 blocks spread accross 3 nodes Node A:(b1),b2,b3 Node
B:b1,(b2),b3 and Node C:b1,b2,(b3).

HFile2 with 3 blocks spread accross 3 nodes Node A:(b1),b2,b3 Node
B:b1,(b2),b3 and Node C:b1,b2,(b3)

I have 2 questions:

1) When compactions occur on Node A would it also include b2 and b3
which is actually a redundant copy? My guess is yes.
2) Now compaction occurs and creates HFile3 which as you said is
replicated. But what happens to HFile1 and HFile2? I am assuming it
gets deleted.

Thanks for everyones patience!