HBase, mail # user - HBase table affinity to host(s)

+
Brennon Church 2012-12-21, 23:54
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 00:19
+
Brennon Church 2012-12-22, 03:30
Re: HBase table affinity to host(s)
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 04:28
What you describe is akin to HBASE-6721 region server group.
Basically you want this table to be bound to group of region servers.

Development for 0.94 is on-going, to my knowledge.

Cheers

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Brennon Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 0.92.0
>
> I was looking at the balancer option.  I'm loathe to turn the automatic
> balancer off and handle it manually as we have a lot of regions.  Is that
> the option you were thinking of?  Or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Brennon
>

> On 12/21/12 4:19 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
>
>> Currently there is no such capability - you may need to customize load
>> balancer.
>>
>> What version of HBase are you using ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Brennon Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I'm curious, is there any concept of hosting regions from a given table
>>> only on a single host or subset of hosts in a cluster?  In our case we
>>> have
>>> a heavily-used table that can cause problems for the older systems in our
>>> cluster.  Newer systems would have less trouble, so I'd like to restrict
>>> regions for that one table only to those more powerful servers.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --Brennon

+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 04:48