MapReduce, mail # user - CheckPoint Node

CheckPoint Node
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-22, 16:27
Hi,

I'm reading a bit about hadoop and I'm trying to increase the HA of my
current cluster.

Today I have 8 datanodes and one namenode.

By reading here: http://www.aosabook.org/en/hdfs.html I can see that a
Checkpoint node might be a good idea.

So I'm trying to start a checkpoint node. I looked at the hadoop
online doc. There is a link toe describe the command usage "For
command usage, see namenode." but this link is not working. Also, if I
try hadoop-deamon.sh start namenode -checkpoint as discribed in the
documentation, it's not starting.

So I'n wondering, is there anywhere where I can find up to date
documentation about the checkpoint node? I will most probably try the
BackupNode.

I'm using hadoop 1.0.3. The options I have to start on this version
are namenode, secondarynamenode, datanode, dfsadmin, mradmin, fsck and
fs. Should I start some secondarynamenodes instead of backupnode and
checkpointnode?

Thanks,

JM
+