MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: New hadoop 1.2 single node installation giving problems

Re: New hadoop 1.2 single node installation giving problems
Its warning not error...

Create a directory and then do ls ( In your case /user/hduser is not
created untill and unless for the first time you create a directory or put
some file)

hadoop fs  -mkdir sample

hadoop fs  -ls

I would suggest if you are getting pemission problem,
please check the following:

(1) Have you run the command "hadoop namenode -format" with different user
and you are accessing the hdfs with different user?