Accumulo >> mail # user >> querying for relevant rows

Re: querying for relevant rows
You can't scan backwards in Accumulo, but you probably don't need to. What
you can do instead is use the last timestamp in the range as the key like
this:

    key=2  value= {a.1 b.1 c.2 d.2}
    key=5  value= {m.3 n.4 o.5}
    key=7  value={x.6 y.6 z.7}

As long as your ranges are non-overlapping, you can just stop when you get
to the first key/value pair that starts after your given time range. If
your ranges are overlapping then you will have to do a more complicated
intersection between forward and reverse orderings to efficiently select
ranges, or maybe use some type of hierarchical range intersection index
akin to a binary space partitioning tree.

Cheers,
Adam