Hive >> mail # user >> Interference between two customSerde.jar

+
Germain Tanguy 2012-10-12, 23:25
Re: Interference between two customSerde.jar
Without more specific info about the two serdes I can't be sure, but most
likely there may be a dependency conflict between the two serdes.
Sometimes, for instance, they may use a different version of log4j, and if
packaged with all dependencies they can indeed interfere with each other.
Have a look at their POM, or jar -tf the serde to see if they have two
different versions of the same class.

R.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Germain Tanguy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am using Hive-0.9.0 and Hadoop-0.20.2. I have two customizes SerDe :
> custoSerde1.jar and custoSerde2.jar adding with ~/.hiverc .
> In HDFS I have :  /input/data_for_custoSerde1/
>                                /input/data_for_custoSerde2/
>
> When I run a query on my tableSerde1 it's work but not on tableSerde2. If
> I remove custoSerde1.jar of hiverc the query works on tableSerde2 and when
> I put custoSerde1.jar back in hiverc the query don't work anymore on
> tableSerde1 but it's continuing to work on tableSerde2. And inversely..
>
> Does anyone have an idea why?
> Is there any possibility to specify which SerDe.jar we want to use when we
> run a query?
>
> All help will be welcome :)
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Germain.