Zookeeper, mail # user - Adding to a quorum

+
David Nickerson 2012-06-18, 17:28
+
Ted Dunning 2012-06-18, 18:26
Re: Adding to a quorum
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-06-18, 18:35
FYI - have a look at our Exhibitor system which makes upgrades/additions
easier to manage.

https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor
On 6/18/12 11:26 AM, "Ted Dunning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yes.  Updating and restarting works fine.
>
>One does wonder why you have *four* servers now.  That generally doesn't
>provide any advantage over having three servers.
>
>On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM, David Nickerson <
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Say I have a quorum of four ZooKeeper servers. Is there any way I can
>>add a
>> fifth ZooKeeper to the quorum without interrupting the service? I see
>>some
>> work on making it easy
>> here<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-107>and
>> here<
>>
>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ClusterMembership>,
>> but I'm wondering if there's currently any way to do it at all. Would it
>> work to start up the fifth pointing to all of the others, then
>>one-by-one
>> restart the others, updating their configuration to include the fifth?

+
David Nickerson 2012-06-18, 22:22
+
Ted dunning 2012-06-19, 03:08