MapReduce >> mail # user >> Yarn and HDFS federation

Re: Yarn and HDFS federation
Using Federated Namespaces is optional.

YARN's services use HDFS minimally on their own. It is your MR job or
your YARN application that really uses the filesystem. So you can have
YARN host itself on any namespace, and it wouldn't matter to your
actual jobs/apps, which will submit with their own FS configured.

(There may be some caveats that apply with use of JHS and where the MR
staging dir goes, but it can be fixed via consistent configs)

--
Harsh J