Avro, mail # user - Schema evolution and projection

Re: Schema evolution and projection
Douglas Creager 2013-03-01, 23:34
> I get:
>
> Reading evolved data with schema resolution, showing new field "c"...
> Error: Reader field c doesn't appear in writer
>
> I was under the impression that I should have received the default value
> of 42 for field 'c' for each item in the data file.

So this is actually because the C API doesn't support default values
yet.  :-/  The schema parsing code just ignores the "default" clause
completely, which is why you're seeing that particular error message.

That said, we do have all of the pieces in place to handle default
values now; they've just never been hooked together.  Could you open a
JIRA ticket for this?  I think it's something that we could bang
together pretty quickly.

cheers
–doug