HBase >> mail # user >> getting row info without data

+
Mikael Sitruk 2011-11-28, 16:54
+
Stack 2011-11-28, 17:54
Re: getting row info without data
Doesn't sound like it... He mentions column names...
sounds like he would be better off writing to two tables. One that stores only the column name and one that stores the data in each column.

Mike Segel

On Nov 28, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Mikael Sitruk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve the columns name and not
>> the whole content of rows.
>> The reason for such request is that the columns store high volumn of data
>> (2K) each (and i store 900 columns per key).
>> Retrieving the whole row and not the "Description/Metadata" of the row is
>> in this case very expensive.
>>

> Will http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/KeyOnlyFilter.html
> work for you?
> St.Ack