HBase >> mail # user >> GC recommendations for large Region Server heaps

Re: GC recommendations for large Region Server heaps
Hi,

I am using 34 GB heap and my use case is also Read oriented. I also do
writes with MR. :)
Yesterday, under decent load i got pauses of 30-40 secs. Still, the RS were
not using the full 34 GB. I am thinking of doing some more tuning as i
expect the read load to increase.

Here is my GC setting for JDK6: -XX:NewSize=200m -XX:MaxNewSize=400m
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70 -verbose:gc

~Anil

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta