Zookeeper >> mail # user >> adding/removing a zookeeper server

Re: adding/removing a zookeeper server
Technically, ZK does not support it. However, there is a methodology for
reconfiguring and updated an ensemble. I believe ZK-107 will allow the
changes to be made without needing to restart/reconfigure the cluster.

-JZ