Hive, mail # user - Execution of udf

Execution of udf
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2013-01-18, 12:59
Hi,

Select col1,myudf(col2,col3) from table1;
In what phase if map reduce an udf is executed.

In the very beginning, I assumed that hive will be joining two tables.,
getting the required columns and then applies udf on columns specified
I.e., essentially on reducer phase . But later on I realised that I was
wrong.

Is there any specific parameter which suggests hive to call udf at reducer
phase rather than at Mapper phase.
Regards,
Nagarjuna
--