MapReduce, mail # user - Spindle per Cores

Spindle per Cores
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-10-12, 17:46
I have read around about the hardware recommendation for hadoop cluster.
One of them is recommend 1:1 ratio between spindle per core.

Intel CPU come with Hyperthread which will double the number cores on
one physical CPU. eg. 8 cores with Hyperthread it because 16 which is
where we start to calculate about number of task slots per node.

Once it come to spindle, i strongly believe I should pick 8 cores and
picks 8 disks in order to get 1:1 ratio.

Please suggest
Patai
+
Hank Cohen 2012-10-12, 20:45