HDFS, mail # user - Alerting

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-12-22, 20:30
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-12-22, 20:39
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-22, 20:44
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-12-22, 20:49
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-22, 20:52
Re: Alerting
Ted Dunning 2012-12-22, 22:08
You can write a script to parse the Hadoop job list and send an alert.

The trick of putting a retry into your workflow system is a nice one.  If
your program won't allow multiple copies to run at the same time, then if
you re-invoke the program every, say, hour, then 5 retries implies that the
On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Need alerting
>

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> MR web UI?Although we can't trigger anything, it provides all the info
>> related to the jobs. I mean it would be easier to just go there and and
>> have a look at everything rather than opening the shell and typing the
>> command.
>>
>> I'm a bit lazy ;)
>>
>>  Best Regards,
>> Tariq
>> +91-9741563634
>> https://mtariq.jux.com/
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Best I can find is hadoop job list so far

+
Ted Dunning 2012-12-22, 22:12
+
Marcin Mejran 2012-12-23, 16:08