Accumulo, mail # dev - SplitLarge Utility

+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 03:19
+
Eric Newton 2012-11-13, 10:59
+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 13:59
Re: SplitLarge Utility
William Slacum 2012-11-13, 14:19
If it's used by RFile during a system invoked task, then I'd say leave it.
If you want to make a shell friendly interface for invoking it, I'm all for
it.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> It is out of place, to me, because the Accumulo Shell should be the
> primary mechanism for Accumulo system administration. Why have a
> utility that can't be invoked from the Shell? Any objections to moving
> it?
>
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Yes, I've had users accidentally ingest key/values that were so large
> that
> > they could not be compacted (the tablet server would run out of memory
> and
> > crash).  This utility allowed me to remove the large key/values and
> > preserve them for analysis.  Why is it that you want to move it?  Could
> you
> > be a little more specific about why it seems out of place?
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM, David Medinets
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> >> Is this utility something useful in a production shop? If so, should
> >> it be integrated into the shell? Maybe it should be moved to the
> >> contribs directory? I seems out of place in the current
> >> org.apache.accumulo.core.file.rfile package.

+
William Slacum 2012-11-13, 14:21
+
Eric Newton 2012-11-13, 14:24