Zookeeper >> mail # user >> very uneven distribution of clients to servers...

very uneven distribution of clients to servers...
I have a three node cluster and am getting a very uneven distribution of
client connections to the servers.

The middle server in the connection string list seems to get a tiny slice
of the clients. I understand its "random" and so I don't expect perfect
distribution but I'm seeing very consistent numbers like:
12 : 3 : 14 for the connection counts.

I run the zkTop script (excellent!) and so I can see the connection counts
and I've _never_ seen the middle server get more than a few connections.

If I reorder the server addresses in the connection string its always the
middle server that gets short changed.

Any suggestions / insights?

Running 3.4.5.

Thanks.