HBase >> mail # user >> HConnection.locateRegions returns null

+
Lyska Anton 2013-01-02, 16:17
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-02, 16:33
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-03, 00:34
+
Lyska Anton 2013-01-03, 09:33
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-03, 10:26
Re: HConnection.locateRegions returns null
I have created HBASE-7488 to implement it.

Also, I think we should add this in the interface and do the related
implementation:

  /**
   * Gets the locations of all regions in the specified table, <i>tableName</i>.
   * @param tableName table to get regions of
   * @param offlined True if we are to include offlined regions, false and we'll
   * leave out offlined regions from returned list.
   * @return list of region locations for all regions of table
   * @throws IOException
   */
  public List<HRegionLocation> locateRegions(byte[] tableName, final
boolean offlined)  throws IOException;

Because current interface doesn't allow you to specify the offlined parameter.

If you are fine with that too, I will submit the required patch.

JM

2013/1/3, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> It will work, but there is some glue code to write as one is returning one
> region given a rowkey, while the not implemented one returns all the
> version.
> Code written by Lyska seems fine, we could put it in locateRegions (doing
> this server side is more efficient)
>
> Nicolas
>

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>
>> locateRegions

+