Hadoop >> mail # user >> web-tracker question

web-tracker question
I'm curious about the relationship between the namenode/job/task trackers and the machine's web server?  Do the former require the latter?  Does successful connection to the trackers imply that the machine has a web server up and running?  I realize the ports are totally different (web is generally port 80), but the trackers are headed with the "http" URI, so I'm a little unsure if that means anything w.r.t. my question.  Can you run and access the trackers on a machine that doesn't have a webserver installed or running?

I know, it's a weird question.  Thanks for any quick response.

Thanks.

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
                                           --  Mark Twain