Hadoop >> mail # user >> can "HADOOP-6546: BloomMapFile can return false negatives" get backported to branch-1?

+
Jim Donofrio 2012-05-08, 01:40
Re: can "HADOOP-6546: BloomMapFile can return false negatives" get backported to branch-1?
I have marked it for 1.1. I will follow up on promoting the path.

Regards,
Suresh

On May 7, 2012, at 6:40 PM, Jim Donofrio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can someone backport HADOOP-6546: BloomMapFile can return false negatives to branch-1 for the next 1+ release?
>
> Without this fix BloomMapFile is somewhat useless because having no false negatives is a core feature of BloomFilters. I am surprised that both hadoop 1.0.2 and cdh3u3 do not have this fix from over 2 years ago.
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-05-08, 19:10