MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Real time help

Re: Hadoop Real time help
That's a good question. More and more people are talking about Hadoop Real
Time.
One key aspect of this question is whether we are talking about MapReduce
or not.

MapReduce greatly improves the response time of any data intensive jobs but
it is still a batch framework with a noticeable latency.

There is multiple ways to improve the latency :
* ESP/CEP solutions (like Esper, FlumeBase, ...)
* Big Table clones (like HBase ...)
* YARN with a non MapReduce application
* ...

But it will really depend on the context and the definition of 'real time'.

Regards

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux