Accumulo, mail # user - Getting the IP Address

Re: Getting the IP Address
Keith Turner 2013-08-28, 20:35
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ah, you're right, of course.
>
> In that case, I'm also wondering about NAT situations and other
> strange networking situations. For those especially, it seems what we
> need to do is treat the bind address differently from the advertised
> address.
>
> Perhaps attempting to use $(hostname -i) and falling back to
> $(hostname -I | head -1) would be best?

I just noticed one wrinkle with "hostname -I",  it may return IPV6
addresses.   When I first looked at the man page, I thought it would
exclude IPV6.  But on closes inspection I noticed it excludes "IPv6
link-local addresses".  So hostname -I will probably cause problems if the
first thing it returns is a IPV6 addr.