HBase >> mail # user >> FW: JVM 64 bit crashes on Sun Solaris Sparc on connection to HBase 0.94.6

+
Yuri Levinsky 2013-08-07, 07:49
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-08-07, 15:57
Re: FW: JVM 64 bit crashes on Sun Solaris Sparc on connection to HBase 0.94.6
Seems to be the same issue as here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16847319/cassandra-on-solaris-10-64-bit-crashing-with-unsafe-getlong

It says it a jvm bug and it seems right.
You may want to try the very last jvm on your platform (it's unlikely to
work), as well as the jdk 1.6 (it could work). If none of these work for
you, the only solution I see is to make the use of "unsafe" configurable in
HBase to workaround this jvm bug...

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Yuri Levinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Dear HBase Users/Developers,****
>
> Please help with issue below:****
>
> ** **
>
> JVM crashes on HTable initialization. We tested it on JVM 32 bit on SUN
> and it works. It works for us on Linux as well. On SUN Solaris 9/10 JVM
> crashes. Any ideas?****
>
> ** **
>
> *Sincerely yours*,****
>
> ** **