MapReduce >> mail # user >> is it possible to run a executable jar with ClientAPI?

Re: is it possible to run a executable jar with ClientAPI?
Hi ,
    You can definitely run the Driver (ClassWithMain) to a remote hadoop
cluster from say Eclipse following the steps under
a) Have the jar (Some.jar) in your classpath of your project in Eclipse .
b) Ensure you have set both the Namenode and Job Tracker information either
in core-site.xml and mapred-site.xml or through conf.setXXXX
c) In the main method of the Driver class havet the following ,  Below, *hdfs
*is a user who has permissions to run jobs on the hadoop cluster.

      public static void main (
final String args[])
{

int status = 0;

try
{

UserGroupInformation ugi UserGroupInformation.createRemoteUser("*hdfs*");
status = ugi.doAs(new PrivilegedExceptionAction<Integer>()
{

@Override
public Integer run ()
throws Exception
{

int result = ToolRunner.run(new Driver(), args);
return result;
}
});

System.exit(status);