MapReduce >> mail # user >> can the parameters dfs.block.size and dfs.replication be different from one file to the other

can the parameters dfs.block.size and dfs.replication be different from one file to the other
Hi,

I am trying to evaluate the MapReduce with different setting. I wonder
whether the following two HDFS parameters:

*dfs.block.size
*dfs.replication

can be set at the time I load the file to the HDFS (that is, it is the
client side setting)?  or these are the system parameter settings that can
not be changed from the HDFS client invocation.
I am using Hadoop 1.1.2 (the recent stable release), rather than the new
Hadoop 2.x. By reading the  Cloudera document, I wonder even if such
parameters can be set per HDFS client, will it be supported only after
certain Hadoop version?

Thank you!

Jun
+