-Re: Branching 1.5
John Vines 2013-02-14, 19:53
I just don't understand the urgency to start adding new features to 1.6. If
there's a standing patch, then we're in great shape for the second we do.
But once we switch the trunk to 1.6, it does flag a lot of transition work
to be done (version numbers, purging deprecated code, etc.)
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think we should hold off for a few days, perhaps a week or two, just so
> > we have more time for bug squashing without concerns about merging bug
> > fixes.
> I have also wanted to avoid doing this, I did not want to do until
> there was a reason. It has been 3 or 4 weeks since feature freeze.
> While working on the recent patch from Damon I was thinking I would
> like to put this in svn when its ready. But I am not sure if it
> should go in 1.5. Its not a bug fix. I would like to avoid having
> discussions about what to do about every non bug fix. I am thinking
> avoiding these discussions may save us more time than merging.
> It should be very easy to automatically merge all changes from 1.5 to
> trunk as long as no one make massive changes to trunk. I can take
> point on doing this until we release 1.5.0. I will make sure all bug
> fixes in 1.5 branch end up in trunk.
> What do you think?
> > On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I propose we branch 1.5. We are passed the feature freeze for 1.5 and
> >> it would be nice to be able to commit some recent contributions to
> >> trunk.
> >> If no one objects I will create the branch Tuesday morning.
> >> Keith