Pig >> mail # user >> Problems with tutorial - HDFS-Version mismatch

Re: Problems with tutorial - HDFS-Version mismatch
Pig 0.7 is compatible with hadoop 0.20.x, so I am not sure why you are
seeing this error.

You can try creating a pig jar without hadoop and specify the hadoop jar
used for your cluster in classpath -

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/pig/branches/branch-0.7
cd branch-0.7
ant jar-withouthadoop
ls pig-withouthadoop.jar #use this jar
Please let us know if this fixed your problem.

-Thejas