Hive >> mail # user >> Structs in Hive

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-23, 16:27
Re: Structs in Hive
in your case hbase has a custom serde, the Deserializer interface is
what turns the value from the input format into something that hive
can understand. HBase support uses the user specified table property
columns.mapping as information for what it should parse out of the
hbase result.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I kind of have a pretty basic question here. I am trying to read structs
> stored in HBase to be read by Hive. In what format should these structs be
> written so that they can be read?
>
> For instance, if my query has the following struct:
>
> s struct<a: STRING, b: STRING>
>
> How should I be writing my data in HBase so that when read, it fits into
> this struct? In other words, can I create my own class 'MyStruct' which is
> something like:
>
> class MyStruct{
>    string a;
>    string b;
> }
>
> to create the struct bytes and read them using hive with the struct defined
> above? I hope I made my question clear. I will be glad to provide any
> clarifications.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Swarnim