Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 03:19
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 02:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 13:56
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 14:28
+
Christopher 2013-09-18, 18:09
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 15:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 14:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 14:22
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 15:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:28
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-20, 16:09
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 15:40
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-23, 02:42
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 23:14
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 01:15
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 18:05
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:10
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-25, 19:37
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:45
+
Bill Havanki 2013-09-25, 21:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 21:34
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-26, 02:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 21:56
+
Christopher 2013-09-26, 02:27
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-01, 02:09
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-26, 04:12
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-09, 23:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-10-11, 21:35
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-12, 21:56
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-13, 04:29
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-14, 04:14
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-14, 11:19
+
Michael Berman 2013-10-14, 15:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-14, 15:19
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4-RC3
Ok, I apparently shouldn't have taken Mike's word as gospel :)

         <profile>
             <id>instamo-staging</id>
             <repositories>
                 <repository>
                     <id>instamo</id>
                     <name>ASF staging repo</name>

<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-156/</url>
                     <layout>default</layout>
                 </repository>
             </repositories>
         </profile>

in my settings.xml, and invoking

mvn -Pinstamo-staging archetype:generate
-DarchetypeArtifactId=accumulo-instamo-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=1.4.4 -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.accumulo

Worked for me. Can someone else verify please? I "technically" never
closed the vote (I guess?), so I change my -1 to a +1. I'd still like to
get another vote from the community though to make sure it's kosher.

On 10/14/13 11:19 AM, Josh Elser wrote:
> Yah, I agree.
>
> If it comes down to having to write something else just to get what we
> want to begin with (one-command install), we should just do it correctly.
>
> Self -1
>
> On 10/14/2013 11:15 AM, Michael Berman wrote:
>> One of the big advantages of an archetype is that it's convenient and
>> consistent to use...I agree that requiring a download and install in
>> order
>> to use the archetype really cuts down on its usefulness.  I don't get a
>> vote, but if I did, I think I would need a clean invocation path in order
>> to give my +1.  (And I don't think a custom one-off shell script that
>> messes with someone's local repo would qualify)

>>> and then invoke the archetype, but provide a single maven command to
>>> be run
>>> to get up and running.
>>>
>>> Could wrap this up in a shell script? Installing to the local
>>> repo/catalog
>>> is a pretty nasty side effect though.
>>> repeatedly cutting these releases). I haven't decided my opinion on
>>> whether
>>> or not this is super important for a 1.4.x version of the code.
>>> Thanks for
>>> the information either way, Mike.

>>> install
>>> install