Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Adding to a quorum

+
David Nickerson 2012-06-18, 17:28
Re: Adding to a quorum
Yes.  Updating and restarting works fine.

One does wonder why you have *four* servers now.  That generally doesn't
provide any advantage over having three servers.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM, David Nickerson <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Say I have a quorum of four ZooKeeper servers. Is there any way I can add a
> fifth ZooKeeper to the quorum without interrupting the service? I see some
> work on making it easy
> here<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-107>and
> here<
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ClusterMembership>,
> but I'm wondering if there's currently any way to do it at all. Would it
> work to start up the fifth pointing to all of the others, then one-by-one
> restart the others, updating their configuration to include the fifth?

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-06-18, 18:35
+
David Nickerson 2012-06-18, 22:22