MapReduce, mail # dev - Apache jenkins job to build release artifacts (WAS: Issue with my username on my company provided dev box?)

Apache jenkins job to build release artifacts (WAS: Issue with my username on my company provided dev box?)
Alejandro Abdelnur 2014-01-31, 00:44
[Cross-posting with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-10313]

OK, we have:

* A script, create-release.sh, that creates release artifacts
* An Apache Jenkins job that runs the script and produces the artifacts in
Apache CI machines, thanks Yahoo! (or shouldn't I say that?)

The Apache Jenkins job is:

  https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/

There you'll see the output of an release build. When triggering the build,
you can specify an RC_LABEL (RC0 in this case). If you do so all the
artifact files will be postfixed with it.

The job is currently producing:

* RAT report
* SOURCE tarball and its MD5
* BINARY tarball and its MD5
* SITE tarball (ready to plaster in Apache Hadoop site)
* CHANGES files

I've verified the produced SOURCE is correct and I can build a BINARY out
of it.

I've verified the produced BINARY tarball works (in pseudo-cluster mode).

Running 'hadoop-version' from the BINARY a tarball reports:

----
$ bin/hadoop version
Hadoop 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT
Subversion http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common -r 1563020
Compiled by jenkins on 2014-01-31T00:03Z
Compiled with protoc 2.5.0
From source with checksum 37ccb6f84b23196f521243fd192070
----

Once the JIRA is committed we have to modify the Jenkins job to use the
script from 'dev-support/' directory.

We could improve this script further to deploy the built JARs to the Maven
repo. I don't know how to do this, so it would be great if somebody that
know how jumps on that. Maybe a s a follow up JIRA, so we have something
going.

Thanks.

Alejandro

+