MapReduce, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Clarification on Compatibility Policy: Upgraded Client + Old Server

RE: [DISCUSS] Clarification on Compatibility Policy: Upgraded Client + Old Server
Vinayakumar B 2014-03-20, 04:26
+1, I agree with your point Chris. It depends on the client application how they using the hdfs jars in their classpath.

As implementation already supports the compatibility (through protobuf), No extra code changes required to support new Client + old server.

I feel it will be good to explicitly mention about the compatibility of existing APIs in both versions.

Anyway this is not applicable for the new APIs in latest client and this is understood. We can make it explicit in the document though.
Regards,
Vinayakumar B