MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Assume Private-Unstable for classes that are not annotated

+
Karthik Kambatla 2014-07-22, 21:55
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2014-07-23, 12:32
+
Jason Lowe 2014-07-23, 14:23
Re: [DISCUSS] Assume Private-Unstable for classes that are not annotated
Fair points, Jason.

The fact that we include this in the compatibility guideline "should not"
affect how developers go about this. We should still strive to annotate
every new class we add, and reviewers should continue to check for them.
However, in case we miss annotations, we won't be burdened to support those
APIs for essentially eternity.

I am aware of downstream projects that use @Private APIs, but I have also
seen that improve in the recent past with compatible 2.x releases. So, I am
hoping they will let us know of APIs they would like to see and eventually
use only Public-Stable APIs.
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Jason Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]lid>