Pig >> mail # user >> Generating example data for dataflow program

+
Sai Zhang 2010-05-25, 17:11
Re: Generating example data for dataflow program
Hi Sai,

I recently read about it, most of the commands are explained on the Pig
Latin Reference Manual-2. Here is the link for ILLUSTRATE command-
http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.7.0/piglatin_ref2.html#ILLUSTRATE.

Thanks,
Aniket

On Tue, May 25, 2010 1:11 pm, Sai Zhang wrote:
> Hi all:
>

> As indicated in the sigmod'09 paper, there is an "ILLUSTRATE" command
> from the Pig Shell to generate example data for dataflow programs. But I
> did not find that either in the tutorial page nor in the pig -help output.
>

> Could anyone give me some hint (or examples) on how to use this command?
> Also, I probably may want to
> have a look at the source code data generating to full understand the
> algorithm, could any one point me out where relevant source code resident
> (which packages)?
>

> Thanks very much.
>

> -Sai

+