Hive >> mail # user >> Hive on Standalone Machine

+
Savant, Keshav 2012-04-25, 07:43
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-04-25, 13:07
+
Aniket Mokashi 2012-04-25, 22:13
+
buddhika chamith 2012-04-26, 03:56
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-04-26, 04:07
+
buddhika chamith 2012-04-26, 06:26
+
buddhika chamith 2012-05-01, 17:08
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-05-01, 17:23
Re: Hive on Standalone Machine
Yes. My requirement was to avoid using bin/hadoop. I still required the job
to be run in a new JVM. However I think we can make it run without a fork
with some changes. I will give it a try as well and see.

Regards
Buddhika

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Ok your still building a command line it seems. I assumed you were
> working to launch hive without a fork. Pretty cool though.
>
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM, buddhika chamith
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM, buddhika chamith <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >>

> >> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Edward Capriolo <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >> Sure I will provide a patch.
> >

> > Sorry for the delay. Attached a patch to
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2757. Hope this was the issue
> > that you were talking about.
> >
> > Regards
> > Buddhika