Accumulo, mail # dev - Jenkins Notifications on Dev list

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-10-14, 13:09
+
Keith Turner 2012-10-15, 17:30
+
John Vines 2012-10-15, 17:55
Re: Jenkins Notifications on Dev list
Christopher Tubbs 2012-10-16, 17:46
Pending objections, I'll make this change later today.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1 and thanks for the filters
>
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Christopher Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> All-
>>
>> I'm wondering if it might make more sense to send the Jenkins build
>> notifications to the notifications list, rather than the dev list.
>>
>> I see two advantages:
>>
>> 1) The dev list is more "pure" in terms of humans-only, which can make
>> it easier for developers to interact without feeling spammed.
>> 2) Those who don't want to see any automated notifications can filter
>> them out more easily.
>>
>> And one disadvantage:
>>
>> 1) Developers signed up to the dev list may not want to sign up for a
>> second list to get notifications about build failures they caused with
>> their commits.
>>
>> The disadvantage can be mitigated, I think, if Jenkins is smart enough
>> to know who caused the commit that failed, and can be configured to
>> send a notice back to that person directly, in addition to the
>> notifications list.
>>
>> (Also, on a related note, I've attached the importable GMail filters
>> that I use which you may find useful to organize your GMail. Feel free
>> to use.)
>>
>> --
>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii