HDFS >> mail # dev >> Ways to ingest data into hadoop

+
Shouvanik Haldar 2013-02-20, 10:52
Re: Ways to ingest data into hadoop
Hi,

I as far as I know, t hadoop inherently does not support ingesting video
files into HDFS, as video needs to be split on specific video frames. I am
also working on similar problem I actually wrote my own RecordReader and
and InputFormat for video, so that the video block can be submitted to the
Map Task in its entirety. But this only works if you have pre-split the
video using something like ffmpeg, and each split is smaller than your
configured blocksize.
Regards,
Shraddha