HBase, mail # user - getting real, does hbase need constant mothering or can a 1-man show use it?

getting real, does hbase need constant mothering or can a 1-man show use it?
S Ahmed 2012-05-18, 13:57
Just want your opinions on this, I am beginning to get a feel for hbase and
was wondering if it database more suited for companies with dedicated teams
for devops/development or is it something a 1-man show could use and keep
up?

i.e. Say I wanted to create a Saas application like bitly, or a
metrics/analytics application.

Would it be advisable to go with something like hbase?

(let's assume for the moment that starting off with mysql won't work for
the given domain/use case, and that paying for 5-6 dedicated servers isn't
an issue).