HBase >> mail # user >> Updating from 0.90.2 to 0.94

+
Yusup Ashrap 2013-02-26, 07:33
+
kiran 2013-02-26, 07:53
+
Yusup Ashrap 2013-02-26, 08:00
Re: Updating from 0.90.2 to 0.94
Well if you can afford a longer downtime, you can always distcp your
existing hbase data. This way if things get screwed up you can always
restore a 0.90.x on that old backup. You cannot distcp while the cluster is
running since it will not be able to get locks on file (I think I faced
that issue but not sure since I did this upgrade mid-2012).

When I did an upgrade, I brought up a test 0.94 cluster using the distcp
backup (I took like 2-3 copies since I was very paranoid). Once I ran all
my production jobs against the test instance and I was happy with all the
results, that's when I re-ran the script to do the migration. It was all
scripted out but I no longer have access to those scripts or else I would
have shared it with you.

Thanks,
Viral

+