Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Error in first build : Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess error=2

Re: Error in first build : Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess error=2
Thanks a lot for your help.

You were right. Problem was with Protoc version 1.5 only. I downloaded and
added protoc 1.4 version and now that error is gone. However now I am stuck
at this new error. Now maven is not able to find "msbuild". Error is as
follows :

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec
(compile-ms-winutils) on project hadoop-common: Command execution failed.
Cannot run program "msbuild" (in directory
"D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common"):
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified -> [Help 1]
Can you please help with this error? I googled for this kind of error but
couldn't find anything related to this error.

One more thing I would like to know, how to search into mailing list for
this kind of errors?

I think maybe many people before me must have faced these type of errors.
If I could search into mailing list or some forum related to Hadoop then I
do not need to disturb all the people in the mailing list for this kind of
trivial errors and people can concentrate on more important stuff.

Regards,
Chandrash3khar K0tekar
Mobile - 8884631122