MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Please explain FSNamesystemState TotalLoad

+
Nick Niemeyer 2013-06-07, 16:10
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Nick Niemeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Regarding TotalLoad, what would be normal operating tolerances per node
> for this metric?  When should one become concerned?  Thanks again to
> everyone participating in this community.  :)

Why do you want to be concered :) I have not seen many issues related to
high TotalLoad.

This is mainly useful in terms of understanding how many concurrent
jobs/file accesses are happening and how busy datanodes are. When you are
debugging issues where cluster slow down due to overload, or correlating a
run of big jobs, this is useful. Knowing what it represent, you would find
many other uses as well.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/