Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Hive Loading Zip CSV Files

Re: Hive Loading Zip CSV Files
Adding [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ben,
That's great to hear. It would be awesome if you'd like to contribute this
back to Hive so others in the community could use it too. Let us know what
you think!

Mark

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM, ben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that I got it to work. By implementing the
> mapred InputFormat and RecordReader classes, I got Hive to change the error
> to something like "must be BytesWritable or Text" that needs to be
> returned. All I had to was to take out the line that sets the key in the
> "next" method of the RecordReader. Then, voila. It worked! Now, I can
> manipulate the data all I want using just Hive scripts. This removes all
> the custom extraction and conversion map reduce jobs making it just a 2
> step process. Plus, Hive does it all faster and cleaner.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

Mark Grover 2012-11-13, 23:32