HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: YCSB on hbase fails with java.io.EOFException

+
Manoj S 2013-05-16, 00:31
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-16, 00:44
+
Manoj S 2013-05-17, 02:35
Re: YCSB on hbase fails with java.io.EOFException
Here is the hbase-site.xml I used. ycsb1 is the name of the vm. I have
simply updated the hbase-site.xml provided with ycsb.

$ cat hbase-site.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright 2009 The Apache Software Foundation
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */
-->
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://ycsb1:20001/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    </description>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.master</name>
    <value>ycsb1:60000</value>
    <description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.
    </description>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
    <value>ycsb1</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

2013/5/16 Manoj S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Tried your way too. Same results again:( Let me try installing it on a VM.
>
> Also, if you don't mind can you share me the contents you added to YCSB's
> hbase-site.xml?
> Thanks
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hum.
>>
>> I did slightly different steps.
>>
>> 1) I try on standalone. I wlil try on fully distributed soon.
>> 2) I did not untared anything. After maven compilation, I used the ycsb
>> file in bin.
>> 3) Simply changed the required lines in the hbase-site.xml
>> 4) created the table with the shell, only one single region create
>> 'usertable', { NAME => 'cf' }
>> 5) did not tried with recordcount neither thrads.
>>
>> So 3 things.
>>
>> First, can you try with the ycsb file directly in bin without "untaring"
>> anything?
>> Second, can you update the existing hbase-site.xml instead of overwriting
>> it with your HBase one?
>> Third, can you try without recordCount and threads?
>>
>> On my side I will try to find more instances to install 0.94.1 and
>> retry...
>>
>> JMS
>>

>> 2013/5/16 Manoj S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>> Jean,
>>>
>>> That's interesting. I downloaded the ycsb source from github(
>>> https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB) and compiled the code myself.
>>> ( Installation from the tar ball did not work either. Faced a different
>>> issue. Building from the source code solved that problem for me ).
>>>
>>> I'm listing down the steps I performed.
>>> 1) On a perfectly working Hadoop(Intel distro)/Hbase(0.94.1) cluster, I
>>> downloaded ycsb-0.1.4 from git hub and compiled it with maven.
>>> 2) Untar'd the new tar ball.
>>> 3) Copied my hbase-site.xml to
>>> "ycsb-0.1.4/hbase-binding/conf/hbase-site.xml".
>>> 4) Created the table in hbase with "hbase