HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > so we might look at using Hadoop RPC directly again?
> >
> > Totally agree with that thought, Andrew. I must admit that I don't know
> > about all the context on why the HBase RPC forked in the first place :-)
> >

> Bug fixes and speed optimizations
>

> > Your suggestion on using the Hadoop RPC work here makes sense. I am not
> too
> > sure whether that is practical in the short term though (we would need to
> > put in Tracing framework calls in Hadoop RPC and so on). IMO this will
> > further delay the 0.96 shipping as well. However doing the equivalent
> patch
> > for HADOOP-9421 in HBase will probably be easier and doable for 0.96...
> >

> That patch won't go in to hbase.  Can you sketch the back and forth finally
> decided upon in an issue?  If you do this, I could help on how you might
> get it in.

I meant to say that using Hadoop RPC with changes needed for HBase to work
makes sense (and, of course, not the patch directly from HADOOP-9421 :-) )

But I'll write up the proposal implemented in HADOOP-9421 in a HBASE jira
and we can go from there.