HBase >> mail # user >> Disk space usage of HFilev1 vs HFilev2

+
anil gupta 2012-08-14, 18:15
+
jmozah 2012-08-14, 18:50
+
anil gupta 2012-08-14, 19:01
+
jmozah 2012-08-14, 19:13
Re: Disk space usage of HFilev1 vs HFilev2
Hi Zahoor,

Then it seems like i might have missed something when doing hdfs usage
estimation of HBase. I usually do hadoop fs -dus /hbase/$TABLE_NAME for
getting the hdfs usage of a table. Is this the right way? Since i wiped of
the HBase0.90 cluster so now i cannot look into hdfs usage of it. Is it
possible to store a table in HFileV1 instead of HFileV2 in HBase0.92?
In this way i can do a fair comparison.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM, jmozah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Anil,
>
> I really doubt that there is 50% drop in file sizes... As far as i know..
> there is no drastic space conserving feature in V2. Just as  an after
> thought.. do a major compact and check the sizes.
>
> ./Zahoor
> http://blog.zahoor.in
>

> On 15-Aug-2012, at 12:31 AM, anil gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta
+
Jerry Lam 2012-08-14, 20:28