HBase >> mail # user >> Questions about HBase replication

Questions about HBase replication
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about HBase replication...

1) When we ship edits to slave cluster - do we retain the timestamps in the
edits - if we don't, I can imagine hitting some inconsistencies ?

2) When a region server fails, the master renames the directory containing
WAL(s). Does this impact reading of those logs for replication ?

Thanks
Varun